Many schools and families are choosing distance or eLearning options, keeping children at home with online academics. To support their children, working parents are hiring eLearning facilitators. eLearning facilitators care for children and help implement the curriculum provided by a school. eLearning facilitators support child development and learning by following a provided curriculum from the local public school district or a private program provided by the parents.
The US Nanny Institute invests in current and future leaders of our industry and has a new, tailored program designed specifically for eLearning facilitators. The eLearning facilitator program creates a foundation of knowledge in childcare, health and safety, general education, and distance learning.
If you are interested in a comprehensive program for nannies and sitters, check out the Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Specialist or Professional Childcare programs. The US Nanny Institute also offers a Newborn Care program.
e-Learning Facilitator Program Requirements
The US Nanny Institute eLearning facilitator program is 15 hours of online classes that you watch on-demand. While watching the courses, you complete the provided study guides which prepare you for the online proficiency exam. You can enroll online at any time and start right away. When the program is completed, you earn an eLearning Facilitator Certification and get a transcript that lists the program courses. If you completed the eLearning Facilitator program and want to enroll in the Professional Childcare program, click here for the tuition discount.
Michelle D. from Alberta, Canada
” The course was very modern (loved the Litmos platform) with real world examples that demystified a lot of the buzzwords in education, caregiving and even personal psychology. Absolutely amazing content by your highly credentialed professorial contributors made me feel like I had done a semester course at nearby college from my kitchen table. Thank you!! “
Total Tuition and Fees: $399
Do you want a payment play with installments? If so, you can also checkout using Shop Pay (this is Shopify’s payment program).
eLearning Facilitator – List of Classes
The eLearning Facilitator program provides practical skills needed to manage multiple children throughout an academic week with activities that support learning and the child’s overall growth and development. This program is online (15 hours) and designed for those seeking an in-home position or investing in a childcare career that supports a single-family or group of families with children in elementary and/or middle school. eLearning Facilitators primarily work Monday through Friday as they are the central core to implementing the schedule and logistics during the workweek. See a complete course list below and meet our 33 faculty instructors.
Each class is an on-demand video by our faculty and every class has a study guide that you download. You complete the study guide as you watch the course. After each course, there is a short quiz to test your understanding of the course material. The study guide and quiz prepare you for the proficiency exam at the end of the program.
- CC 102: Children and the Law by Aaron Brandel (1 hour). Laws differ in each state, but compliance with local child safety provisions is always mandatory. This course will review relevant laws on proper transportation, injury liability, child abuse, contracts, emergency treatment, and legal protections for childcare workers.
- CC 103: Positive Discipline by Dr. Lauren Formy-Duval (1 hour). Discipline is teaching children to manage their emotions and behaviors. This course starts with learning theory, reinforcement and rewards, then provides tools for decision making and setting up an environment that encourages prosocial behaviors. Common situations are discussed with guidance on when and how to intervene in specific situations that are likely to arise when caring for children.
- GE 101: Professionalism by Karli Ortmann (1 hour). Conducting yourself with high character, integrity, and behaving with moral principles is required to be a positive role model for children. This course teaches how to engage professionally and make appropriate choices while employed in childcare.
- GE 102: Stress Management by Dr. Lauren Formy-Duval (1 hour). Stress during childcare is inevitable as juggling children, parents, play dates, and a personal life is a lot. This course teaches the causes and symptoms, biology and management of stress. The course also provides behavior tools and techniques to reduce and manage stress reactions as a caregiver and tools to help children manage their stress.
- CC 205: Children and Literacy by Christine Ducz (1 hour). This course teaches early literacy skills for infants and toddlers while promoting strong reading and writing skills for preschool and kindergarten children. The course discusses advanced reading levels, the common core curriculum and how to support reading at home.
- CC 206: STEM Activities by Chelsea Herndon (1 hour). This STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) course leverages a child’s natural curiosity with a structured approach to learning. The course includes differing, age-appropriate activities that advance innovation and strategic thinking in children.
- HS 201: Childhood Fitness by Allison Winkelmann (1 hour). This course discusses the elements of fitness including body composition, endurance, flexibility, strength training, and provides examples of age-appropriate exercise programs.
- CC 301: Learning Environments and Styles by Annemarie Guertin (1 hour). The learning environment for children in the early years (ages 1-5) plays a critical role in development. This course teaches how to implement effective learning environments and support different learning styles.
- CC 302: Teaching Self-Regulation by Dr. Lauren Formy-Duval (1 hour). Self-regulation refers to a person’s ability to manage and control their feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. It is a critical foundation for learning and good decision making. This course explores self-regulation and provides information and tools to help foster and support this development in children.
- CC 304: Helping with Homework by Chelsea Herndon (30 minutes). Homework is designed to help students review key concepts and provide extra time to practice new skills. This course provides tools to create a positive homework environment, ensure students remain responsible for their homework, and shares practical ways to help children complete assignments.
- CC 306: Children and Art by Andrea Sammons (1 hour). Arts and crafts help children develop mentally, socially, and emotionally as well as boost self-confidence. This course focuses on how art helps develop critical thinking skills, pre-reading and writing skills. Practical tips are provided to implement art in the home.
- GE 301: Communicating with Families by Michelle Dragalin (1 hour). This course strengthens communication skills by reviewing barriers, identifying different communication styles, reviewing effective communication habits, and discussing how to have difficult conversations. The course also provides practical tools to develop a communication plan.
- GE 302: Parenting Styles by Denise Richardson (30 minutes). This course discusses the diverse types of families and parenting styles including authoritarian, authoritative, laissez-faire, and uninvolved. The course also covers parenting stereotypes including attachment, tiger mom, helicopter, and free-range.
- GE 303: Classroom Management by Jessica Lofton (1 hour). Classroom management is an essential element in working with groups of children. This course will introduce practical tools to understand and use an established process that can be applied to group play dates, birthday party games, and summer camp structured activities
- CC 401: Lesson Planning by Sereniti Bradley (1 hour). This course teaches how to use lesson plans, components of an effective lesson plan and provides example weekly plans for ages 3-10 with tools to clearly define learning outcomes.
- CC 406: Supporting eLearning by Serenity Bradley (1 hour). Children face different challenges when learning from home as part of a homeschooling program or a public or private school curriculum being implemented at home. This course shares how to best support the teacher and help the child stay focused and progressing forward in their academic development.
Total Tuition and Fees: $399
I’ve been a nanny for over five years and I learned so much more than I expected. In each program, I gained new skills and used them right away with the children in my care. The faculty are college professors who really understand childcare. I am now earning more to help pay for graduate school.
I talk about the importance of education to the children in my care so it’s important that I invest in nanny and childcare training. I learned about nutrition, fitness, special education, child development, and so much more. The Professional Childcare program has made me a better nanny.
I worked as a live-in nanny and want to earn more with another long term position. My US Nanny Institute Certification makes my application stand out from the others.
As a mom who’s employed 2 nannies over 6 years, it was hard to find good candidates. I look for the US Nanny Institute Certification because it gives me confidence that the nannies have the right training to care for my kids.
I love teaching children about music and jumped at the chance to share my best tips and songs in a music course. Music is fun and nannies have an opportunity to delight and educate the children in their care.
The Nanny Institute is invested in your success, including getting a job with a great family. All Nanny Institute programs include job placement classes. These classes teach expert resume writing, job search strategies, prepare you for interviews, and help you negotiate a work agreement. These classes are optional as many students are already successfully employed.
Included at no additional cost
The Admission Office is available by phone Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8am and 5pm EST for enrollment and program support. If unavailable to take the call at (941) 773-9020, the admissions department accepts voicemails and text messages. The Admissions office can also be reached at email@example.com.
Online Programs Refund Policy
Should a student’s enrollment be terminated or canceled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- Cancellation requires the submission of a Cancellation Notice (Form 108) by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by termination. Form 108 can be found in the student portal.
- If the US Nanny Institute does not accept the student or the student does not start any classes and cancels within (3) business days after making payment, then 100% of fees and tuition (less the $50 non-refundable enrollment fee) will be refunded.
- Cancellation after enrollment through 25% of the program will result in a Pro Rata refund. Program completion is computed on the number of clock hours of courses completed to the total program clocks hours or the number of days since enrollment to the total number of days allocated to complete the program, whichever is greater.
- Canceling after completing more than 25% of the program (courses and/or time allocated) will result in no refund.
Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination of the student’s enrollment or receipt of Cancellation Notice (Form 108) from the student.
Meet Our Amazing Faculty
Kerri Beisner earned a Master of Education in Moderate Learning Disabilities K-8 from Endicott College, a Bachelor of Art in English from the University of Connecticut. Licensure in Moderate Learning Disabilities…
Dr. Tali Berkovitch
Dr. Tali Berkovitch earned a Doctor of Philosophy in Teaching and Learning from New York University, a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education from New York University, and a…
Elena Borrelli earned a Masters of Science in Physician Studies from the University of Detroit Mercy and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Oakland University. She is a Licensed…
Sereniti Bradley earned an Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership for Teaching and Learning from Walden University, a Master of Business Administration from Baker College, and a Bachelor of Science in…
Aaron Brandel earned a Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami, a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Hamline University, and a Bachelor of Arts from Binghamton University. He is licensed…
Shaundra Boyd earned a Master of Art in Early Childhood Education from the University of Phoenix, a Master of Art in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Phoenix, and…
Gregory Cassiere earned a Master of Art in Early Childhood Education from Mercy College and Bachelor of Art in Political Science from Fordham University. He has a Certificate in Special…
Dr. Alaina Desjardin
Dr. Alaina Desjardin earned a Doctorate of Business Administration from Northcentral University, a Masters of Public Administration from Ashford University, a Masters of Arts in Teaching in Special Education from…
Michelle Dragalin earned an Educational Specialist in Educational Technology from Walden University, a Master of Education from the University of Phoenix, a Bachelor of Art in Special Education from Old…
Christine Ducz earned a Master of Arts in Education and Curriculum Instruction from the University of Phoenix and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Centenary University. She is a…
Dr. Lauren Formy-Duval
Dr. Lauren Formy-Duval earned a Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University, a Master of Science in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University, and a Bachelor of…
Kathryn Gonsalves earned a Master of Art in Psychology from Humboldt State University and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Campbell University. She is a Virginia teacher and psychology…
Annemarie Guertin earned a Master of Arts in Elementary Education from Fitchburg State University and a Bachelor of Art in Early Childhood Education from Wheelock College. She is a public…
Chelsea Herndon earned a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education and Educational Specialist in Elementary Education from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is a…
Dr. Ken James
Dr. Ken James earned a Doctorate and Education Specialist in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University, a Master of Art in School Counseling from Valdosta State University, and a Bachelor…
Jessica Lofton earned a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Grand Canyon University, a Graduate Certificate in Business from Cameron University, and a Bachelor of Science in Computer…
Andrea Malson earned a Master of Science in Nursing from Ohio University, a Master of Science in Nursing from Walden University, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Wright…
Elizabeth Malson earned a Master of Science in Pharmaceuticals from the University of Southern California, a Master of Business Administration from the University of North Carolina, and a Bachelor of…
Marlene Malson earned a Master of Science in Operations Management from the University of Arkansas, is a Graduate of the United States Air Force Air War College, and earned a…
Dr. Alexandra Murr
Dr. Alexandra Murr earned a Doctorate of Nursing Practice from University of Toledo, a Master of Science in Nursing from University of Phoenix, and a Bachelor of Art in Art…
Sarah Olson earned a Master of Science in Counseling and Psychology from Troy University and a Bachelor of Art in Criminal Justice from Mercyhurst College. She is a Global Career…
Karli Ortmann earned a Master of Art in Counseling from Chicago Professional School of Psychology (expected in 2020) and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from St. Xavier University. She has been…
Jena Paulo earned Master of Science in Education from California State University and a Bachelor of Art in Human Development from California State University. She is a Head Preschool teacher, Preschool Director,…
Darrin Prince earned a Master of Arts in Christian Education from Faith Bible College and a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Science/Business Administration. He has a USATF (USA Track &…
Denise Richardson earned a Master of Education in Leadership of Educational Organizations from American InterContinental University and a Bachelor of Art in Elementary Education from Trinity International University of Florida. She is the Program…
Dr. Jennifer Rodriquez-Bosque
Dr. Jennifer Rodriquez-Bosque earned a Doctor of Health Science from Nova Southeastern University, a Master of Science in Nutrition and Wellness from Benedictine University, and a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition…
Andrea Sammons earned a Master of Art in Teaching from Georgia College and State University and a Bachelor of Art in Studio Art-Ceramics from Georgia College and State University. She is a…
Dr. Beth Stutzmann
Dr. Beth Stutzmann earned a Doctor of Musical Arts in Music Education from Shenandoah University, a Master of Music in Horn Performance from Oklahoma City University, and a Bachelor of Music…
Sara Townley. Master of Science in Applied Nutrition – Sport & Fitness from Canisius College and a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from the University of Texas – Arlington. High…
Allison Winkelmann earned a Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States and a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Texas….
Lynn Zepp earned a Master of Science in Food and Nutrition from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences from Pennsylvania State University. She is a Registered Dietitian and Licensed…
Dr. Patricia Ziefle
Dr. Patricia Ziefle earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Louisiana State University and Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Louisiana State University. She is an equine and small animal veterinary specialist.
Michele Silence. Michele earned a Master of Arts in Psychology from California State University, Los Angeles and is a 35-year fitness professional. Michele is also a studio owner, freelance writer,…
Warren Burger earned a Masters of Business Administration from the Florida Institute of Technology and a Master’s Certificate in Personal Financial Planning from the College for Financial Planning. He is…
Recent Resource Articles
Nanny & Newborn Care Contract
Taking the time to draft, agree on terms, and sign a work
Road Trips: What Do You See?
Every summer, when I was growing up, we got into a fully-packed
Art & Storytelling with Sidewalk Chalk
“It is the artists of the world, the feelers and the thinkers
Facial Expressions in Child Development
The brains of babies grow at a rapid rate each day. Since